Monday, September 14, 2009

Should I set up my own bank


Should I set up my own bank?
Given the current financial market I feel I could run a financial institution very well. I'm thinking of offering investment opportunities. I would then spend my time playing with huge sums on a commodities roulette wheel, creaming off huge amounts sums of cash and living a champagne lifestyle in Mayfair for a few years, and then go bust and have the taxpayer bail out my institution while I relax on a yacht in Monaco and watch the economic fallout from a safe distance. Could this work? Anyone willing to place their capital in my hands?
Investing - 12 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Oh yes Felicity , i say would i be able to have my giro paid into such a project ?
2 :
As you correctly indicated, this is currently standard operational procedure. Therefore, I see no legislation to to withdraw from the idea and exercise your right to it's fullest extent. I'm quite sure our friend Rotter would muster up some worthy volunteers to aid this new-founded Bank. Have you thought of a name yet? I was going to suggest Southern Rock, or is that a bit obvious "Exhilarate" perhaps.
3 :
It is a bit to late to get my cash Credit Agricole has it, come to think about it, it sounds rather a lot like CA, I say, you aren't thee Felicity McFud of Britline perchance are you?
4 :
Go ahead!!
5 :
I heard it does in fact work out rather nicely that way as popular belief would indeed really think you are a down and out rich person and therefore willingly tell the Treasury that we should hand you a tidy cash lump to see that you are not living in a skip yacht. Be sure when doing the fake poor thing disguise luxury items.
6 :
They did that already, however I am indeed sure that, that old chestnut can be done again, and again.....And has. I hope this helps :)
7 :
My dear lady F, i have been producing my own currency for the past few months for the common folk to use in my shop, the "Stirling Shaft" is worth two shillings and six pence, each week the commoners receive their "Shaft" to purchase goods, and each week they get their "Shaft" on a friday, they are happy knowing that their caring Lord of the manor gives them the "Shaft" each week. would you care to distribute my "Shaft" between your workers, tally ho
8 :
I have about $3000 saved up for the down payment on my house. I will gladly let you invest it for me if you promise me a 3% return.
9 :
Well I'd love to, but Lord Faversham-Shaftsworthy has just hired me on to take care of his shaft. That should keep me VERY busy... ***snicker snicker***
10 :
Madam, I would love to place my capital in your hands. If you bring the wine, I'll bring the lard.
11 :
Citizen, how could you! I thought it was just you and I going in for a merger. You seem to have a new acquisition in mind. Kindly explain!
12 :
The last time I gave you a large deposit you squealed with delight, but handing over a large amount of cash is a different matter old girl. May I suggest you make this offer to new money only, those guttersnipes don't deserve it anyway so seeing them loose it would be a jolly good wheeze, what. Tip top.