Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Do you have to work on weekends doing retail


Do you have to work on weekends doing retail?
I was looking for a retail job in which we have a local mall near where I live. We have a Nordstroms, Jc Penny and Macys. We also have a Banana Republic, Express Club Monaco, and J Crew all being higher end retailers. There is also Gap, Urban Outfitters Ambercrombie, Hollister, American Eagle Outfitters, and Aerostopale. Plus Pac Sun, Zumirez, Dockers, Michael Brandon, Levi's and Guess. There are so many different places I could work at our local mall. I don't have any retail experience.I'm not available to work on Saturdays. I would only be available on Sundays sometimes. Like during Christmas season I could work on Sundays. During the summer I can't work on weekends. I was looking for a job where I could work Afternoons and Early evenings. I was looking for a job where I could work Monday, Wednesday and possibly Friday. This is tough since most employers want you to work on weekends. I would be available say on Mondays and Wednesdays like 2pm to 7 or 2pm to 9 or something like that. I don't think I'm being unresonable as During the afternoon as evenings is when people come in to to shop and this is when I would plan to work. I don't want to be working mornings anyways. American Eagle Outfitters is one of the few I know from other reviews doesn't require weekends. The big problem is many like a Macy's want you to work weekends and be available at all times. American Eagle Outfitters is one of the few I heard where they try to work around your school schedule since younger people shop there and they higher younger people. I'm 27 so i'm at this point where I might be a little old to be working at place like Ambercrombie and to work somewhere like J Crew a 27 year old might not be the person you would see in one of there stores.
Small Business - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Yes.
2 :
Short answer No, I don't work on weekends.
3 :
Is this a serious question? If the employer wants you for weekends, then yes it is required. If not, then no. But to work in retail, you have to be somewhat flexible on your hours. From what you described, you're not. Good luck to you.
4 :
With the way the economy is today open availiablity is the thing employers are looking for and retail is up and down most of the demand is for the weekends though but if you have that many restrictions make sure you say it at your second interview or something b/c im a manager at a major retailer and that wouldn't even be a cosideration it seems like you need to much time off and customers shop when they want not around the employers schedule
5 :
Whenever you are available, just go to whichever retailer of your choosing and present yourself and let the Law of Attraction work its magic, and it surely will.