Sunday, March 21, 2010

How does my resume look for an Ivy League school


How does my resume look for an Ivy League school?
I am a junior in high school, with a passion for business. I am already thinking of applying to the University of Pennsylvania (Wharton). I do need other schools to apply to though...help? I will be taking my SAT II's in June and APs in May. Here are my credentials: Unweighted: 4.0 ACT Composite: 33 ACT Math: 35 ACT Reading: 36 Rank: Top 5%; unfortunately, my school doesn't do ranks. However, my class consists of more than 400 kids... APs taken/planned to take: -Calc BC -English Lit -European History -Macroeconomics -Microeconomics -Physics B -Psychology -Spanish -US Government -World History Honors Classes: -Honors Physics -Honors Pre-Calc -Honors World Lit -Honors American Lit -Honors American History -Honors Algebra -Honors Geometry Other Classes Pertaining to Business: Marketing Independent Study in Marketing Economics Accounting Clubs/Sports/Other -Varsity Tennis (11-12)/Captain--(12) -DECA (10-12)--4th place and 1st place at States; Honorable Mention at Internationals (twice) -Model United Nations (11-12)/Ambassador Extraordinaire(11-12) -National Honor Society (11-12)/President(12) -Volunteer Impact Program (11-12)Secretary(11)/President(12) -Student Leadership (10-12) ----In leadership, I'm in charge of Spirit Court Elections as well as Class Elections ----Volunteer at Graduation every year ----Part of Staff Appreciation Committee in Leadership (we give little gifts to teachers bi-monthly) -100+ Hours of Community Service -Winterfest Class of 2010 Princess -Kumon (since I was 4) and have completed the program in both Reading and Math -Piano (since I was 4, till I was 16) -Honor Roll, all high school years SAT Subject Tests (will be taking) -Math II -World History -Spanish -Literature Summers: Volunteered all my summers Before Freshmen year - I traveled the Mediterranean, learning the culture of Italy, Spain, Monaco and Croatia for 2 weeks. Between Freshmen and Sophomore years - I traveled to the Baltic, learning the culture of Russia, Estonia, Norway, Finland, Sweden, and Denmark in 2 weeks Between Sophomore and Junior years - I attended the CTD (Center for Talent Development) at Northwestern University, taking AP European History in 3 weeks This summer, I plan on working and volunteering. I will also be planning a school Carnival with my friend to raise money for MDA (the Muscular Dystrophy Association). Also, I will be setting up events for my NHS chapter. So I was just wondering what you thought of my chances. I do know that I need a killer essay and a great interview but I know I can pull those off well. My basically assured university is the University of Michigan as I have contacts there, I am from the state of Michigan and my school is the largest sender into U of M. But, any other schools you'd recommend? Remember...I like business ;) Economics could work too. Let me know if you need any other information from me! Hey Dorothy--thanks! I actually do play sports. It's listed. Varsity Tennis--2 years.
Higher Education (University +) - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
wow your really smart..lol.. anyways it looks great good job...
2 :
Wow! Your resume is amazing! You definitely have a good chance of getting into the school of your choice. You have a lot of community service and your gpa is really good. The classes you are taking are going to put you ahead of most applicants. I wish you the best of luck!
3 :
You are better than I am ; I got into an Ivy League; You should get in. Reg'ds Adi
4 :
Your resume` is very impressive! The only thing that could be seen as a (slight) setback is the fact that you have no involvement in sports, which Ivy Leagues really like. So, to be on the safe side, consider looking at some other great public and private schools such as Stanford , Kenyon College, Johns Hopkins, Towson, Loyolla, JFK U, Boston U. Colgate. Edit: Well, with that long list, I missed it! Your resume` is truly outstanding and I think you'll get in!