Thursday, July 1, 2010

Why do people say that the economy is bad? I'm making more money than ever.


Why do people say that the economy is bad? I'm making more money than ever.?
I'm pretty much an average American dude, and I'm doing just fine in this economy. The economy seems fine to me. I work as a legal adviser for an intellectual property consultancy and venture capital firm. I also do some international consulting for them. Things seem pretty good to me! Our VC arm was well-capitalized before this minor economic slump, and we are on a buying spree, picking up good companies for cheap. My salary has tripled since 2007. In fact, I was recently taking my annual vacation to Monaco and the French Riv, and while things were a little bit slower than usual, there were still plenty of high-rollers, and there was still a waiting list at the car rental agency for their Lambos and Lotuses. I had to book a month in advance. So what the heck are people talking about when they say the economy is "bad" or whatever? Seems pretty good to me! Are Americans just petty whiners, or what?
Politics - 10 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Is that you Rush? Or are you really Cheney?
2 :
For "most" people, the economy is bad. I work in real estate in California, and since I have recently diversified into staging, insurance, loans, and appraisals, I've been doing pretty good too. I personally do not feel much of an impact from this recession, but I know I am one of the lucky few.
3 :
I do not think that you do make even any decent living. How could you if you are here on YA every single day during business and after business hours.
4 :
Yea, that's it. We're just a nation of whinners! It's pretty obvious you are not American. You sound like maybe you are a bit of a snob? No offense. But unless you live here, post your materialistic crap elsewhere.
5 :
Can I have a "loan"? I'll pay you back...seriously I will. I really need to buy some cheetos....this weed is giving me the munchies! Yes We Did!
6 :
Wow you are very dumb. Just because you are making money then that does not mean anything. Are you watching the news? George bush ruined the economic market. And most americans are just scraping by and jobs are being cut because of fund cuts and pays are being cut 50%, we are spiralin downward, glad obama came when he did. The sttimulus package is coming soon, so maybe it muight get a little better. Are you Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity by anychance?
7 :
First, either you are one of the most out of touched ppl that I have run into, with the exception of DUBYA or you are one of the most braggadocios person. You are right, there are ppl getting money FROM THOSE WHO ARE LOSING THEIR JOBS AND HOUSES! YOU ARE IN THE DAM BUSINESS THAT LIED, CHEATED AND OUT LEAVERAGED ITSELF. YOU ARE PART OF THE GROUP THAT GOT US IN THIS MESS WE ARE IN AND YOU ARE RUBBING OUR NOSE IN IT! WOW, you do know about karma, don't you? WOW! I would not want to be you. WOW!
8 :
The only ones not complaining are the top 10% in this country who either have lots of wealth or have professions that are necessary and in demand. The 90% of Americans get a boot in the ass and have to suffer because of the mistakes and greediness of others
9 :
Duh....you selling kool-aid.
10 :
We are doing very well. My husband has been promoted twice over the last year. But since we do have friends and family that have lost their jobs due to the economy and are struggling, we try to keep in mind how very lucky we are. They worked at their jobs just as hard as my husband works at his. They got dumped through no fault of their own, and it's hard to watch them suffer because of it. I work at home and am my own boss, and I continue to do well. It just pays to look around you sometimes instead of (borrowing a Simpson phrase) wallowing in your own crapulence.