Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Being a Singaporean,I'd to move to US.


Being a Singaporean,I'd to move to US.?
I've reading all countries that I wish to move to. I list 10 possibility of countries I'd to move. I choose US, GBR, LUX and Monaco. But, I'd to ask about how does US immigration work. I know, in Singapore its compulsary to serve National Service. Is there anyway that I can apply US citizenship before serving NS? And, can I move to US before NS? And how does US green card work? I did a little research and I know, I have to pay a sum to get the PR. How about studying in the states? And after that live in USA? By the way, I have to serve in the Singapore NS first before I can live in US, and no, I am not going to serve US Army.
Immigration - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
America does NOT have compulsory NS. You cannot apply for citizenship until 3 years after your permanent green card. You need a visa first. Then apply for a Green Card. You can, however, serve in our armed forces voluntarily. Georgie has a place reserved for you in Afganistan!!
2 :
Your options are: 1) Marry a US citizen 2) Get a job offer from a US employer and have them apply for a visa 3) Diversity lottery Once you have a work visa, you can then apply for a green card (permanent residency), unless you marry an American, then you go directly to green card. You do not "pay" for a green card, but there are application fees. You will probably need to serve your NS in Singapore first.