Saturday, May 14, 2011

A shot at Yale or no


A shot at Yale or no?
I am a junior in high school, with a passion for business. I am already thinking of applying to the University of Pennsylvania (Wharton). Everyone else claims that I have what it takes to get into Yale, but I'm not so sure. What do you think? I will be taking my SAT II's in June and APs in May. Here are my credentials: Unweighted: 4.0 ACT: 33 Rank: Top 10% APs taken/planned to take: -Calc BC -English Lit -European History -Macroeconomics -Microeconomics -Physics B -Psychology -Spanish -US Government -World History Honors Classes: -Honors Physics -Honors Pre-Calc -Honors World Lit -Honors American Lit -Honors American History -Honors Algebra -Honors Geometry Other Classes Pertaining to Business: Marketing Independent Study in Marketing Economics Accounting Clubs/Sports/Other -Varsity Tennis (11-12)/Captain -DECA (10-12)--1st place at States (twice); Honorable Mention at Internationals -Model United Nations (11-12)/Ambassador Extraordinaire -National Honor Society (11-12)/President -Volunteer Impact Program (11-12)Secretary(11)/President(12) -Student Leadership (10-12) -100+ Hours of Community Service -Winterfest Class of 2010 Princess Summers: Volunteered all my summers Before Freshmen year - I traveled the Mediterranean, learning the culture of Italy, Spain, Monaco and Croatia for 2 weeks. Between Freshmen and Sophomore years - I traveled to the Baltic, learning the culture of Russia, Estonia, Norway, Finland, Sweden, and Denmark in 2 weeks Between Sophomore and Junior years - I attended the CTD (Center for Talent Development) at Northwestern University, taking AP European History in 3 weeks This summer, I plan on working and volunteering. Let me know if you need any other information from me!
Higher Education (University +) - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You seem like a very well-rounded individual, who would add diversity to any campus. I'm not exactly sure what the criteria is for applying or getting accepted to Yale, but from your wrap-sheet you seem very well equipped. Give it a shot, don't hesitate or wait any longer! I don't even know you, but I have faith in you!
2 :
Give it a shot mate.
3 :
I'd say weigh out all the options u've got with ur chances at yale, and then see wat u want to go wid. All the best dear!!!